Avecto Limited sets out its policy under the requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998 as the data controller for the use of personal information. Avecto will employ reasonable efforts to bring this policy to your attention and where appropriate provide options in relation to treatment of your personal information. Personal information includes names, addresses, telephone, fax, email address, title/positions and other such information relating to you as an individual whether you are acting in your own capacity or working in business.
Avecto collects personal information in a variety of ways whether you or your organization have made contact with Avecto, or Avecto has made contact with you. This may include but is not limited to telephone, email, attending training courses, seminars or events, questionnaires or other promotional campaigns.
Avecto collects this information in its secure databases in order to record and support your interest in Avecto for providing IT products and services, administration, marketing, training, verification for when accessing secure areas (e.g. My-Avecto). Avecto will also use the information for sales, customer surveys, marketing via telephone, email, post or SMS. Avecto may provide your information to Avecto suppliers, contractors, partners, goods and service providers and agents for these purposes. Beyond these purposes personal information is also used for the following:
- For Avecto departments for promotion of unrelated goods and services, for example cross selling.
- For Avecto associated companies (subsidiary or parent) for the marketing and promotion of their respective company and its goods and services; and for marketing purposes Avecto may provide and share your personal information to Avecto business partners, suppliers and agents to let you know of any goods, services, events, seminars or other opportunities that may be of interest to you.
- The above points are options Avecto will present to you to determine whether or not your personal information should be used to participate in the same, unless you have already exercised your options from the outset when providing your personal information. From time to time it may be necessary to clarify options you may have exercised, for instance when it is not clear where you do not wish your personal information to be used, or if fresh/new opportunities present themselves that may be of interest to you and we may request you to make a decision.
- By supplying your information to Avecto you consent to it being processed or transferred outside of the European Economic Area.
- You in turn may provide personal information to Avecto relating to another individual and this information is given and received by Avecto on the basis the other individual has given their agreement and consent to the passing-on of their personal information for Avecto to use as provided in this policy.
Avecto monitors and/or records communications for the purposes of security, improvement of Avecto goods and services and staff training.
Updates and Amendments
You have the right to access and correct your personal information and privacy preferences. This may be accomplished from time to time when Avecto may contact you or by you in writing to the webmaster at email@example.com. Avecto reserves all rights including intellectual property, copyright, database rights and the right to update or amend this Policy.
Avecto site usage monitoring
Avecto uses Google Analytics to monitor the usage of avecto.com. More information about this software can be found at www.google.com/analytics which includes legal disclaimers for this software.
© Avecto Limited, All rights reserved.