Avecto are now looking for a Business Analyst!
Avecto is an innovative technology business specializing in endpoint security. The company's revolutionary Defendpoint software ensures security defense in depth while empowering users to work freely. This mantra of security + freedom underpins Avecto's philosophy to unite IT departments and their end users.
As an integral part of our business the Product Management team is responsible for ensuring the maximum business value is attained from the products and features developed.
As a Business Analyst you will be expected to apply your skills and knowledge to discover, elicit, and manage requirements for the Avecto product set, and collaborate with others to model and design Avecto products.
We believe that the user experience of our products is fundamental to our future success. Avecto is the leading technical innovator in the market, and the quality of everything we do is core to our purpose: we're building products people love.
- Understand product requirements - With product managers & product experience colleagues, facilitate the discovery, elicitation, understanding, and validation of requirements - with internal experts, business stakeholders, and directly with customers
- Manage product requirements - Working within an agile software development environment, organise and structure product requirements, and work with development and product managers to understand the dependencies between items and prioritise them into useful releases.
- Mapping and modelling - Map and model business rules, logical relationships between systems, states and transitions. Communicate these in practical ways that facilitate product development decisions and product design.
- Design - Working with others, contribute to the technical and UI design of products, through utilising your knowledge of requirements and implications around data structure, business logic, states, and transitions
- Collaborate - Build strong relationships across specialisms - especially Development, QA, Product Management, and Product Experience. Use these relationships to proactively engender common understanding of problems being addressed and the appropriate solutions.
- Relevant experience of business analysis activities (customer/stakeholder research, requirements capture & management, business rule and system modelling, solution design) in an agile software development environment
- Clear understanding of the broad product software, product development process
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to manage your time effectively
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- A personal commitment to your ongoing development
Your life at Avecto won't be routine. You'll be learning from customers and users (directly, and through data), discovering and understanding needs, and using that knowledge to shape products that solve real problems.
You'll be designing new features and products across different platforms - Windows, OS X, and (responsive) web. You'll be building prototypes and testing those with users, and working collaboratively with lots of other people every day.
You'll be involved with our Marketing, Customer Success, and Support teams to evolve and improve the way our customers work with us throughout their journey, and you'll be coming up with ideas for how we continuously improve everything we do.