Avecto is one of the UK's fastest growing software companies, with a global customer base from Formula 1 teams to the world's best universities. Born and bred in Manchester but with offices all over the world, we’re making the world a safer place to learn, work, and live.
We have loads more ideas though, and we need great people to help make them happen. We're a place where people love coming to work: solving tough problems, exploring new things, and figuring out how to make things better every day. We care about building products and relationships we can be proud of.
We believe that the user experience of our products is fundamental to our future success. Avecto is the leading technical innovator in the market, and the quality of everything we do is core to our purpose: we’re building products people love.
Your life at Avecto won't be routine. You'll be learning from customers and users (directly, and through data), discovering and understanding needs, and using that knowledge to shape products that solve real problems.
You'll be designing new features and products across different platforms - Windows, OS X, and (responsive) web. You'll be building prototypes and testing those with users, and working collaboratively with lots of other people every day.
You'll be involved with our Marketing, Customer Success, and Support teams to evolve and improve the way our customers work with us throughout their journey, and you'll be coming up with ideas for how we continuously improve everything we do.
We're looking for product design and user experience specialists to shape, create, and own the design of our products. You'll:
- Be excited by solving difficult problems
- Enjoy working in software development, working directly with software developers to get things built
- Have the attitude that it’s better to build something and learn from it than to attempt perfection first time
- Think creatively, asking difficult questions and wanting to do things in different ways
- Motivate yourself and others, rather than wanting to be told what to do
- Be a clear thinker who’s comfortable communicating and facilitating sessions with all sorts of people
- Always want to develop your skills, learn new things, and challenge yourself