We are seeking an experienced Software Research Engineer to join our award winning ground-breaking Research Team.
The team has been built over the last 4 years with relentless ambition and a strive towards technical excellence so it's important that we find somebody who appreciates the genuine enthusiasm and dedication required for researching ground breaking security products.
We have more great research ideas than we have people, so there's always new challenges just around the corner waiting for someone to solve. You have the potential of making a big impact to the future of the company and the wider security industry.
Working as part of our award winning research team, you will be responsible for tackling exciting challenges, and solving the hard problems.
- Investigating future features and products with the potential to make a big impact
- Create proof-of-concepts and demonstrate your findings to key stake holders
- Be involved in the technical transfer of innovation into the Avecto's products
- Provide knowledge sharing, networking, and potentially being part of product definition
- Writing technical papers, and assist in the formulation of patents
The right candidate should have a genuine passion for the technology space, and inquisitive nature and love problem solving. This role is fantastic for candidates who enjoy cracking a big technical challenge.
The role requires a high volume of independent working so we need an engineer who is self-motivated with great communication skills but more importantly a genuine desire to understand.
- Solid C or C++ knowledge
- Experience in advanced debugging techniques
- Familiar with Microsoft development tools
- Extensive Windows development experience, including Win32 APIs and COM
- Experience in developing kernel drivers would be great
- Cross platform experience would be advantageous
- Understanding of x86 / X64 assembly languages
- Use of advanced system utilities, like Sysinternals tools, IDA Pro
- Experience in reverse engineering would be a definite advantage