1) What is occurring between Bomgar and Avecto?
2) Who is Bomgar?
Bomgar's Secure Access solutions enable customers to easily support people, access and protect endpoints, and defend privileged credentials to fight cyber threats and speed business performance. More than 15,000 organizations around the world use Bomgar to deliver superior support services and reduce threats to valuable data and systems. Bomgar customers include some of the world's leading IT outsourcers, systems integrators, software vendors, healthcare organizations, government agencies, universities, financial institutions, and retailers. Bomgar is privately held by Francisco Partners and has offices in Atlanta (GA), Austin (TX), Jackson (MS), Los Angeles (CA), Washington D.C., Frankfurt, London, Paris, and Singapore.
3) Why did Bomgar acquire Avecto?
The acquisition of Avecto enables Bomgar to accelerate efforts to become a leading provider of identity and access management solutions focused on privileged users and accounts. The combined company will offer a best-in-class Privileged Access Management (PAM) solution that defends privileged credentials, protects access pathways, and secures endpoints, while improving productivity. The addition of Avecto will allow Bomgar to:
- Provide one of the most comprehensive Privileged Access Management (PAM) solutions: Forrester estimates that 80% of security breaches involve privileged credentials . The combination of Avecto's market-leading privileged endpoint technology with Bomgar's advanced privileged account and session management solutions will provide customers with a complete solution for reducing the threat of compromised or misused privileges across your business.
- Enhance innovation, customer support, and service: Bomgar and Avecto both have a long history of providing industry-leading solutions along with high-quality customer support and service. The combined company will result in a more robust services and support organization and expansive partner ecosystem that will enable us to expand and enhance our customer reach and support.
- Combat the world's most pervasive cybersecurity threats. The teams at both Bomgar and Avecto have spent more than a decade developing innovative solutions that strengthen businesses' security posture while simultaneously improving productivity and performance. We're excited to join forces and work with our more than 16,000 combined customers to tackle today's and tomorrow's most challenging and prevalent threats.
4) What products does Bomgar offer?
Bomgar allows employees and vendors to access systems and support people easily, while protecting credentials and endpoints from threats.
- Privileged Identity: Bomgar Privileged Identity is a proactive cyber defense platform that advances password security for privileged users and IT vendors from day one. Privileged Identity is an enterprise-grade credential management system that continuously discovers and tracks privileged accounts on your cross-platform network, and automatically provides each account with unique and frequently changing credentials.
- Privileged Access: Bomgar Privileged Access enables security professionals to control, monitor, and manage access to critical systems by authorized employees, contractors, and third-party vendors.
- Remote Support: Bomgar Remote Support allows you to quickly access and fix nearly any remote device, running any platform, located anywhere in the world. Bomgar offers the security, integration, and management capabilities your IT and customer support organizations need to increase productivity, improve performance, and deliver a superior customer experience.
Visit www.bomgar.com to learn more.
5) How does the acquisition impact Avecto and Bomgar customers?
There will be no immediate changes to Avecto’s or Bomgar's current products in conjunction with this acquisition. The Avecto product development and support teams will be integrated into Bomgar, ensuring consistent and uninterrupted product development, support, and service. All in-progress or planned product implementations or upgrades will continue to proceed as planned.
6) How does the acquisition impact Avecto and Bomgar partners?
We believe that there is the potential for significant partner synergy following this acquisition. For the immediate future, the acquisition does not change the way partners will work and interact with either Bomgar or Avecto. We will have more details on the partner integration process in the coming weeks and months.
7) Will this impact customer service and support?
Bomgar and Avecto customers will continue to receive the high-quality customer service they have always experienced. The current Avecto support team will be appropriately integrated into Bomgar to ensure consistent support and service for all customers.
 Forrester Research, “The Forrester Wave™: Privileged Identity Management, Q3 2016”, Andras Cser, July 6, 2016